Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DIY Pumpkin display with Sucker Punchkin Display & DIY Starlight cutout


When these "Foam Pumpkins" first hit the shelves, I couldn't wait to get my drill on. I was carving up a storm with these delightful seasonal creations. Well that's what I thought until I tried to weld them to obey my every command. Not only are they messy (just like the real ones) but they cave in just like farm picked ones UGH! In the end with glue and some tlc they are fun to be crafty with and saves money. Here are two that have survived over the years. 


First you will need:

1 Foam Pumpkin (9" or bigger)
1 bag of Suckers/lollipops (of your choice)
a drill
a 5/32 drill bit (the size of the stick)
a marker


Your pumpkin should be free of dust.  
Using a maker make a diamond shape pattern all over your pumpkin. (I started at the top and worked my way down) Don't forget the stem. (optional)


Take your time drilling holes (ONLY DRILL 1/4" IN)
Try not to press to hard, your pumpkin might cave in or break.
Arrange your suckers/lollipops and BOOla! your done.



OR

Starlight cutout


For this one you will need:


1 foam Pumpkin (9" or bigger)
 star cookie cutters (make different sizes pattern) 
1 box cutter or pumpkin knife
1 clear Mini 10 String Lights (optional)
1 marker


                                                             
Your pumpkin should be free of dust. Trace different shapes and sizes of stars (hearts) all over your pumpkin. I started on one side working my way around. Keep the pattern evenly spaced and sized.



                                                                       


Carefully cut along traced lines while trying not to push too hard.
For that "Starlight" look, I cut out a small circle on the bottom of my pumpkin and filling it with lights.






Tell me what you think.
Post me what you make.
I'd like to see it.
~*M  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DIY Pumpkin display with Sucker Punchkin Display & DIY Starlight cutout

Posted by Mei Kwai at 3:35 PM

When these "Foam Pumpkins" first hit the shelves, I couldn't wait to get my drill on. I was carving up a storm with these delightful seasonal creations. Well that's what I thought until I tried to weld them to obey my every command. Not only are they messy (just like the real ones) but they cave in just like farm picked ones UGH! In the end with glue and some tlc they are fun to be crafty with and saves money. Here are two that have survived over the years. 


First you will need:

1 Foam Pumpkin (9" or bigger)
1 bag of Suckers/lollipops (of your choice)
a drill
a 5/32 drill bit (the size of the stick)
a marker


Your pumpkin should be free of dust.  
Using a maker make a diamond shape pattern all over your pumpkin. (I started at the top and worked my way down) Don't forget the stem. (optional)


Take your time drilling holes (ONLY DRILL 1/4" IN)
Try not to press to hard, your pumpkin might cave in or break.
Arrange your suckers/lollipops and BOOla! your done.



OR

Starlight cutout


For this one you will need:


1 foam Pumpkin (9" or bigger)
 star cookie cutters (make different sizes pattern) 
1 box cutter or pumpkin knife
1 clear Mini 10 String Lights (optional)
1 marker


                                                             
Your pumpkin should be free of dust. Trace different shapes and sizes of stars (hearts) all over your pumpkin. I started on one side working my way around. Keep the pattern evenly spaced and sized.



                                                                       


Carefully cut along traced lines while trying not to push too hard.
For that "Starlight" look, I cut out a small circle on the bottom of my pumpkin and filling it with lights.






Tell me what you think.
Post me what you make.
I'd like to see it.
~*M  


0 comments on "DIY Pumpkin display with Sucker Punchkin Display & DIY Starlight cutout"

Post a Comment